Double chocolate raspberry pancakes! Delicious!
I made Spaghetti in Meatballs last night! And so far nobody who ate them has shown any signs of food poisoning, so that’s a win! The recipe can be found here.
Hot Chocolate Chai
Serves two | Recipe adapted from Cook Republic
1½ cups milk
1/4 cup thickened cream
2½ tbsp hot chocolate powder
3 tsp Caravan black tea
1 large cinnamon stick
2 whole pods of star anise
3 cups hot water
1. Begin by steeping the black tea, star anise and cinnamon stick in the hot water for five minutes. Strain the tea and set aside the cinnamon and star anise.
2. Heat the milk and cream in a saucepan over medium heat. When the milk becomes hot enough to foam at the edges, combine the hot chocolate, star anise, cinnamon and one cup of the chai tea made earlier. Simmer the mixture over low heat and stir for about five minutes until the drink is piping hot.
3. Pour into mugs, dust the tops with chocolate powder and serve.
Kentucky Fried Chicken Recipe
2 fryer chickens, cut up into 8 pieces and marinated
6 cups Crisco shortening
1 egg, well beaten
2 cups buttermilk
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons ground pepper
3 Tablespoons salt
1 teaspoon msg
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 dash paprika
1. Place shortening into the pressure cooker and heat over medium heat to the shortening reaches 400°F.
2. In a small bowl, combine the egg and milk.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining six dry ingredients.
4. Dip each piece of chicken into the milk until fully moistened.
5. Roll the moistened chicken in the flour mixture until well coated.
6. In groups of four or five, drop the covered chicken pieces into the shortening and lock the lid.
7. When pressure builds up cook for 10 minutes.
8. Release the lid according to the pressure cooker manufacturer’s instructions.
9. Remove the chicken , drain on paper towels and serve hot.